Indian rice dishes is one of the main course in the Indian family. Most Indian families eat rice every day in various forms.
Over 100+ rice dishes can be made with different flavours and different spices. We have put together our list of the 4 best Indian rice dishes to make you love rice again.
When we are talking about the rice benefits, first of all, it is easy to digest; it helps to restore glycogen levels. Rice also helps to protect against chronic diseases and many more.
1. Saffron Rice
- When you taste how great this saffron rice is, it may become one of your favourite side dishes. The aroma of saffron lifts regular plain rice to new heights.
- Rinse the rice first. Before we begin cooking, we’ll steep the saffron in hot water. This allows the saffron flavour to flow out of the threads and into the rice while it cooks.
- Now add some chopped onion and ghee, followed by the saffron. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the washed rice. Cook the rice for 18-20 minutes and cover with a lid.
- By the end, the liquid should have been completely absorbed, and the grains should be fluffy and soft. Your saffron rise is finished and ready to serve.
2. Coconut rice
- Heat oil in a stir-frying pan. Add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves, and ginger after the oil is hot.
- Sauté the cashews till they turn light golden, then add the grated coconut. If you cook the coconut for too long, it will burn and taste bitter.
- Stir in the cooked rice and salt, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. The Coconut Rice is ready.
3. Jeera Rice
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Remove the extra water after half an hour.
- Put some ghee in a vessel and heat it up. Add the cumin seeds and sauté for a few minutes when the ghee is heated.
- Add spices such as cinnamon stick, black pepper, clove, and green cardamom. Saute for a few minutes before adding the soaking rice.
- Mix the rice thoroughly and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add 2 cups of water, salt, and lemon juice to the rice.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cook the rice for 5 minutes on low heat and then check it. Check the rice by opening the lid.
- Stir the rice thoroughly. Waight for 2-5 minutes, and your delicious jeera rice is ready.
Read More: 5 Best Chicken Recipes You Must Try
4. Goat biryani
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Once the clarified butter has melted, add the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Cook for a minute without allowing them to burn.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes with the onions, garlic, and ginger. The mixture should be dark and dry.
- Remove the lid and set it for 30 minutes to cool. Meanwhile, combine the rice and 1 litre of water in a big pan. After 10 minutes, strain through a strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Layer rice, curry, and green chillies in the dish, then repeat and finish with an extra layer of rice. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat or until the bottom of the pan has crunchy rice.
- The biryani should be stirred. Sprinkle with the chilli flakes and add salt to taste. Serve with the onion salad on the side and topped with fried eggs and coriander.
These are 4 popular Indian rice; if you want to try authentic Indian tests and spices, you must visit the royal eatery. We are known for our authentic test, and we have 13 different types of rice dishes available.